INFORMATION (DATA) WE COLLECT
MGK collects SIMPLE personal data directly from you, without the intervention of a third party or any other source. This refers to personal identification documents (Personal ID and passport number), marital status (married or unmarried, number of family members), residence (city, street and number), registration information (date of birth), tax information (tax registration number), AMKA, AMA, the banking company in which you have a bank account and its number. It also records data on the services provided (specialty, date of employment, type of service, time of arrival and departure from work), citizenship, nationality. The aforementioned simple data and those of specific categories (health data) are ensured to be appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to achieve the company’s professional objectives.
PURPOSE – PROCESSING LEGISLATION
FOR SIMPLE DATA: The purpose of the processing is to maintain and continue the employment relationship in accordance with labor law, both through our actions towards employees (record of hours of work produced to provide appropriate compensation, family status, registration of vacation time in order to provide appropriate legal compensation for unused vacation days), as well as acts to third parties, such as lawful disclosures to IKA and OAED. Processing is legal as it is done electronically to serve the employment relationship between us. Especially for SIMPLE data such as the start and end time of a job, the purpose of recording is legal and appropriate as it controls the work provided and pays the corresponding legal remuneration.
FOR SIMPLE DATA: Information about you (your personal data) is not used for any purpose other than the above (keeping the employment lawful). Usage of data for any other purpose can occur in one of the following cases: (A) with the employee’s express consent, (B) if requested by Public Authorities (IKA, DOO, Police or Judicial Authorities) as required by law or (C) to defend our legal interests, such as in the event of litigation. The recipients of your data are the above public authorities, as well as third parties working with us such as our accountant and our lawyer. Your data is only disclosed to them in the context of the necessary accounting or legal action in relation to the employment relationship. Among the staff of the company, knowledge of your data is obtained only by the appropriate properly trained personnel that is responsible for relevant tasks.
DATA STORAGE DURATION
The SIMPLE data will be kept for possible use in court for a period of 20 years, which is the general statute of limitations of the Civil Code. After this time period has elapsed, personal data will be destroyed. In the event of any litigation between the Company and an employee of any form, directly or indirectly involving the employee, the aforementioned twenty years shall be suspended for the duration of the dispute and until a final judgment has been rendered. Following the rendering of a final judgement, the twenty year period countdown will resume.
WHAT IS GENERALLY APPLICABLE TO ALL PROCESSED DATA
We ensure that the data we record and process is the minimum required to achieve the pursued objectives, and that access to such information is limited to only the personnel necessary for the performance of the tasks required. Staff with access to the data are bound by a confidentiality agreement and ensured to receive appropriate training. At the same time, we take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your data secure and accessible to you.
TECHNICAL MEASURES TO PROTECT DATA FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS
All data storage units are protected with antivirus software that provides e-mail and web browsing malware protection, as well as firewall software to prevent unauthorized remote access. Corporate wireless LAN access is protected with WPA/WPA2-PSK-TKIP/AES key encryption. Online access to data storage is only available to employees through individual accounts, each with unique specific permissions to ensure that the data is only visible to those that require them to achieve their position-specific tasks.
MGK TECHNICAL SERVICES G.P. recognizes Health and Safety and Environment as amongst the highest corporate priorities, as an integral part of its business performance, and as a key determinant to sustainable development. The HSE Management System is therefore integrated into each business as a prime responsibility and as an essential element of management. MGK, during all the project’s activities with the scope “Engineering, Construction, Supervision and Commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Projects” is committed to implement and maintain an effective Management System conforming to the ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 14001:2015 standard and based on the following principles:
• Commitment to provide safe and healthy working conditions and to protect against injuries and damage to the health of all personnel involved in the projects.
• Commitment to minimizing risks and reducing health and safety risks.
• Comply with the requirements of all applicable local Government laws and standards, and Company regulations.
• Prevent any loss of production or damage to equipment or property, third parties included.
• Pursue continuous improvement of the HSE management system and H&S performance.
• Adopt the necessary measures to prevent and reduce the environmental impacts of all project’s activities.
• Perform HSE training programs and promote the awareness of the personnel at every level to work in an HSE responsible manner and to develop their HSE knowledge and skills.
• Assure the co-operation with Public Authorities, customers, suppliers, local communities and other stakeholders on HSE issues.
• Require Subcontractors to manage the HSE issues in an appropriate way, consistently with the requirements of MGK
• Periodically conduct audits on the H&S management system and on the legal compliance.
• Apply the principle of pollution prevention on all the activities and services carried out.
• Promote the purchase and use of materials and equipment with a higher environmental compatibility.
• Promote a culture in which all project employees share this commitment.
• Provide energy, resources, product and services consistent with these aims.
• Review the HSE management system to determine the effectiveness and the continual improvement.
MGK, during all the project’s activities with the scope “Engineering, Construction, Supervision and Commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Projects” is committed to operate all activities within the spirit and letter of all laws and regulations affecting its businesses and employees based on the following the fundamental principles:
Honesty and integrity
MGK will act with integrity and honesty.
MGK will protect constituent information in all forms (verbal, electronic, print).
MGK will accept responsibility for its actions and be accountable to those who place their trust in the company.
Discrimination and harassment
Discrimination on the basic of caste, colour, religion or creed is a punishable offense and the culprit will be dealt with strictly. Sexual harassment in any form is strictly prohibited.
Gifts and favors
No employee is allowed to receive any personal favors or gifts from a third party in exchange of doing any particular favor to it. No employee is allowed to ask for gifts from a third party dealing with the company.
MGK will always act with environmental preservation in mind and apply the standards described in all related company policies to achieve this.
Obeying the Law
All industry compliance and regulatory rules must be followed. MGK will not work with vendors/contractors who use slavery, forced, bonded or child labour, discriminate in their hiring, engage in bribery or human trafficking or are environmentally harmful.
MGK’s employees are to be trustworthy, respectful, responsible, fair, caring and good citizens.
Employees must exercise the highest level of integrity, ethics and objectivity in their actions and relationships which may affect the Company. Employees must not misuse their authority or influence of their positions in these relationships. Moreover, an employee has the duty to act in the best interest of the Company at all times.
MGK, during all the project’s activities with the scope “Engineering, Construction, Supervision and Commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Projects” is committed to implement and maintain an effective Quality Management System conforming to the ISO 9001:2015 standard and based on the following principles:
• To identify customer requirements in order to develop services that meet their needs and anticipate their future expectations.
• Provide services according to the agreed delivery times.
• Provide services in accordance with agreed quality terms.
• To comply with the terms of contracts / agreements with customers / suppliers / partners / staff.
• To continuously improve its performance in terms of the environment, health and safety through all its services.
• To increase the motivation and skills of our staff to add value to our customers and business, through continuous training and development.
• To create and maintain a winning “team spirit”, where all employees are involved in achieving customer satisfaction and company goals.
• To satisfy the expectations of both internal and external customers through an effective and efficient management of activities and related resources.
• To make decisions based on reliable and accurate information and data.
• To establish effective relationships with key suppliers to promote sustainable and fruitful exchanges.
• To be aware and respective of current legislation on protection of environment and on health and safety of all functions involved in the company activities.
• To communicate with full transparency.
MGK TECHNICAL SERVICES G.P. values its employees and recognizes their need for a safe and healthy work environment. Furthermore, employees abusing drugs and alcohol are less productive and are often a risk to the safety and productivity of our Company.
The establishment of a Drug-Free Workplace Policy is consistent with this Company’s desire to promote a safe and accident-free workplace.
MGK, during all the project’s activities with the scope “Engineering, Construction, Supervision and Commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Projects” is committed to:
• prohibit the use, possession, sale, manufacture, and/or distribution of alcohol and illegal/controlled substances and/or drug-related paraphernalia on Company premises or while performing duties for MGK while away from Company premises, and/or during working hours.
The substances prohibited by this policy include such items as: any illegal or unlawfully obtained drugs or controlled substances; “designer” or synthetic drugs; “over the counter” or prescribed medications not being used for purposes or in the manner intended; mood or mind-altering substances; and alcoholic or intoxicating beverages.
Compliance with this policy will be required by MGK as a condition of employment for qualified applicants or for continued employment of current employees. The presence of a detectable amount of any prohibited substance in an employee while working and/or during working hours may be deemed a violation of this policy.
MGK may request current employees to submit to a drug/controlled substance test in certain circumstances, including:
a. When an employee’s conduct, actions or behavior reasonably leads management to suspect that the employee may be using or under the influence of drugs or alcohol on Company premises or while performing duties for MGK while away from Company premises and/or during working hours
MGK retains the sole right to change, amend or modify any term or provision of this policy without notice. This policy is effective and will supersede all prior policies and statements relating to alcohol or drugs.